This program is designed for those who have some basic experience or have had some training in Muay Thai and would like to improve their skills. Level 3 is suitable for boys and girls age 16+ and men and women of all ages providing they are suitable for physical activity. The level of exercise is individually tailored according to one’s ability, endurance and performance. Prior to the beginning of the program, an individual session with the Head Trainer or Thai Master will assess your status to customise your training.
Medical clearance to perform any sports activity. You can enrol in this level if you are healthy enough to go to a regular gym and endure a standard fitness session. There is no pre-requisite in Thai Boxing. If you have any medical condition or suffered an injury, just let us know in advance so that we can act accordingly.
What will you learn
- Fitness for Muay Thai
- How to proficiently use the ring area and fight simulation
- Explosiveness and recovery techniques
- Advanced techniques with elbows and knees
- Low and middle kicks (advanced techniques)
- High kicks (advanced techniques)
- Timing protection techniques against kicks (block, move and clinch)
- Conditioned sparring (fighting guard techniques)
- Sparring (Muay Thai and Boxing)
- Clinch sessions with several opponents
- The scoring system in Muay Thai fights
- Wai Khru and Ram Muay dances introduction
This program features 2 training sessions per day – one in the morning and one in the afternoon, each of the duration of 2 hours. Between the AM and the PM sessions athletes are expected to eat lunch and rest, hence if you are travelling with friends or family, we suggest not to make social plans in the afternoon as you will not recover in time and feel too tired to learn proficiently in the second session. Of course, if you want to spend some family time during the break you can all relax by the pool at the Resort or at the near-by beach. Evenings are free.
What do you need?
You will need to bring your own equipment :
- Gloves, suitable to hit pads and boxing bag
- Groin Guard
- Skipping rope
- Towel for gym
- Towel for swimming pool
We also suggest:
- Personal Water bottle
- Electrolytes (with hot weather is very important to hydrate the body with vitamins and mineral during training – they can be found in every local 7/11 Mini-market open 24/24h.)
- Whey protein
Actually, if you want to travel light and spare some extra room in your luggage, you can even buy our gorgeous 7MT original apparel here at the Camp.